Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Decor and Celebrations

Cookie Day


Every year at Christmas time my mother, sisters and I get together and make an obscene amount of cookies to combine and hand out as gifts to various friends, family, etc. Here's my sister Anna (on the phone) making gingerbread cookies.



I think Rock was sampling as he was decorating.




Jackson being artistic- Mom didn't think of the mirror- not very professional.




Auntie Natty and Grandma being very patient with Savannah who is directing their decorating.




Cookies, cookies and more cookies!





Here's Jackson at his School Christmas Performance. They did jingle bells with these differerent length hallow sticks that were different notes. Jackson would whack himself on the head to sound off his note. Mom and Dad were laughing, we were crying. It was better than CATS.








Ok So I love Christmas too. So here's some of my decorating. I think I have too much fun doing this. There's too much stuff to take pics of everything so here's my favorites. I might change a few things next year, but for the most part I'm happy with everything. Did I mention that I love Christmas!


The Island-




The Morning Room



Morning Room again.




Kitchen Counter




More Kitchen counters



Upstairs- Kids Tree in the 'Library'




Family Room Buffet Table




Living Room




Entry Console Table



Kids decorating the Family Tree in the Family Room





Formal Dining Room (notice the Nerf ball in the centerpiece - I'm writing it off as proof of my Children's ever present existence)



Outside- It looks better with no flash

Side note- When I was a little girl I dreamed of having a big house that I would decorate at Christmas with lots of white icicle lights. I feel very blessed.



Kids by the completed tree- I call these their Christmas Inmate outfits- they are really cute though:-)



Again- I like it with no flash.







Remember the reason for this blessed season!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Love,

The Clarkes




5 comments:

Gosfam said...

Oh my goodness I want some cookies, sad I am not there to see your fabulously decorated house, and love the inmate jammies. Adorable!! Miss you all in Cali--Merry Christmas!!

Annie said...

1. Wow! Cookie Mania 2008!!! Such a fun tradition and great memories for your kids.

2. I can totally see Jackson doing that and I'm crackin' up!!!

3. Your house is gorgeous! You are so talented. Isn't it great when dreams come true?

Merry Christmas!

Cheri said...

I love the getting together idea to make cookies. With this year's obvious exception, I usually spend days in the kitchen making holiday cookies to give to neighbors etc. It looks like one huge cookie monster of a party making yummy memories too. Your house is gorgeous! I love the indoor decorations and the outside is lit up so beautiful. Weird that their is no snow in the yard, makes me miss the warm weather.

Drago Family said...

Ok my favorite is the matching jammies at the end. They are adorable!

Alison Hall said...

Alright, I am a little late with this comment, but...SO FUN!!! Love the cookies. It looks like the kids had a great time. What a fun tradition.

As always, your decorations are amazing! Talent should be dispersed evenly among us. Did you push me out of line and take my share???