Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

A few days before Thanksgiving we made a Thankful Turkey. Everyone wrote or drew pics of things they were grateful for and then hung them all on the mirror in the morning room. The kids had a good time and it's nice to count blessings.



My assignment for Thanksgiving was pies. I like to bake so I made 5. Two pumpkin, two apple and a pecan. We had them with whipcream or ice cream. I love pie.





We had Thankgiving at the Kriels. Angela had this Idea to do our normal "natural" centerpiece in whites. It turned out stunning.



Kelly smoked the turkey. It was delicious and I don't think I've ever seen a prettier one.






Meryl-Rose putting the finishing touches on.





The Crew- minus Me (taking the pic) and Kimball (upstairs- not realizing that it was time).





We had an awesome and filling day. And I just wanted to say how thankful I am for my friends and family!!!



6 comments:

Cheri said...

I love your thankful turkey idea. You are always so creative. I might have to copy that idea for next year. I hope you don't mind.

Gosfam said...

Jen, I love your leaf crust pies--super cute and I bet of course delicious coming from your kitchen. Great picture of the turkey and the centerpiece was beautiful!!

Mary Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Wow Jen! Beautiful Thanksgiving dinner. and your pies are gorgeous!

Drago Family said...

The gratitude turkey is great stuff. Love how you posted it up. You really know how to make a mean pie too. Looks scrumptious

Kuzma Family said...

Ok kinda wishing I was at your house for Thanksgiving. Everything looked so yummy. Love all of your harvest decor. Your home always looks so nice Jen. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Hppy New Year .